Case Study: You Go to B&H!
B&H Photo, then a small photography and consumer electronics retail store, was looking to raise their profile in the face of growing competition of big box and multi-location electronic retailers. B&H’s retail competition was outspending them in advertising by more than 8 to 1.
After a year of interviewing ad agencies and media firms, B&H met with and hired Roth Radio with the hope that Roth Radio’s unique angle on radio advertising would help take their brand to new heights.
With B&H’s primary competition using print and television, Roth Radio’s strategy of using radio as their lead media was a perfect fit. With radio’s vast reach and the ability to generate ongoing repetition, we acheived almost instant success.
RRG’s program for B&H included:
- Multi-award winning and memorable commercials
- Branded content segments
- B&H & radio station co-branded promotions
- DJ testimonials and appearances
- Leveraging stations' digital, social and email marketing platforms and assets
- Creating the tagline “You go to B&H”, which became extremely popular and well known among New York radio audiences
Within the first four months, B&H in-store sales achieved double-digit growth, and radio has been a 52 week per year campaign for B&H ever since. Fast-forward 10 years, and B&H has become the largest single location camera retailer in the country.